This week’s spotlight belongs to Mable Alice. For as long as I can remember she has gone by her middle name but I have always called her “grandma.” I always thought it to be unique that she went by her middle name because my grandpa did as well. They shared a one of a kind bond. Grandma notes that when she grows up she would like to be “a loving and kind person.” I can truly attest that, Grandma, you have achieved this. You have always been kind to others sharing of you time at the Blind and Salvation Army and lets not forget about your dedication to the Swedish Lodge and 11th Airborne. She is forever looking in and caring for her friends. As the years have past many have suffered illness and she was always there to visit and spread encouragement. In her spare time she likes to knit, crochet and read. She is a long time Kings fan! Maybe next time we come to visit we can take you to a game! Grandma is a devoted Christian and attends church and Bible study weekly. She and Grandpa were dedicated parishioners of the Wesley Methodist Church before they consolidated years back. She now attends First Church of God. Her favorite song is Amazing Grace. I have to agree it is one of my favorites as well and is a beautiful song! Her favorite bible verse is God is Love. Her greatest accomplishments include raising her precious family and enjoying her grandchildren and great grandchildren. She is up to fifteen great grandchildren --- and she does an amazing job remembering birthdays and all the events big or small in each of the children’s lives. She is thankful to have had the opportunity to visit relatives on many trips that she and grandpa shared not just state side but overseas as well. Grandma and Grandpa share a lifetime of memories that I will treasure forever. Although Grandpa has passed his memory lives on in Grandmas forever love and devotion to him.
I have to admit this one was hard for me to write. My Grandma means the world to me!!!! It wasn’t easy to read through her questionnaire and not miss her. I have so many wonderful memories of our time together. The fights my sisters and I would have over whose turn it was to stay the night or who got to mow the lawn. The treasured times I got to go to the Blind with her and seeing first hand the admiration they all shared for her. My Grandma is an amazing woman that I should call and visit more often!!!!!
We wish we lived closer Grandma! We miss and love you tons! Thanks for allowing us to spotlight you!
No comments:
Post a Comment