Sunday, April 5, 2009

Family, Friends & Fun

This evening we shared a few hours with two treasured people - Mommy Erin and Lenore! We had a blast at McDonald's eating and playing. A true highlight to our sloppy, rainy and snowy Sunday. We enjoyed catching up with both Lenore and Erin. Although, she may not know it when Lenore comes to town she not only brings me much joy but also guidance and the ever needed reassurance that I just might know what I am doing as a mom. There is not a day that I don't think of her and her teachings! She has been a rock from the start of our fostering days and continues to do so now. I truly treasure her friendship. Mommy Erin was elated to see not just the J's but all the kids! She was amazed at how much they have grown -I agree they are weeds! She came bearing hugs, smiles and treats. A birthday gift that James just loves and currently has under his pillow for safe keeping. Lets just hope it doesn't find its way to my room tonight. I just might have a coronary if I see it slither my way. A boxful of Easter goodies for all the kids and another treasured story book. She always finds the best books! My favorite of all is not one but two loaves of her famous cinnamon bread -- killer for my diet and training! And finally a bagful of double chocolate chunk cookies. Of which I just tested with a cup of coffee and I have to report they are super delicious. We are thankful that we got to spend the evening with you both.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Grandpa John and Grandma Linda. They were going to join us tonight but Grandpa John was rushed to the hospital this morning and is still undergoing tests. We hope you feel better soon Grandpa John and we will see you when you are feeling better.

1 comment:

erin said...

hey becky
i love all the pics it was so awesome to see you and hug all the kids.
well the tests they did didnot show anything but they are keeping him for at least 3 days for physical and occupational therapy and to try to build up the strength in his legs mom and i are still worried we just hope the therapy helps and he is back to his old self soon
mom sends her love and cannot wait to see the photos
hugs and thank you so much for every thing
if anything changes with john will let you know
hugs
erin