Saturday, March 7, 2009

Spotlight Saturday

This week’s spotlight belongs to Wanda Marie. Known to us as “Favorite Aunt” Wanda! She is named after her Aunt Wanda (known to us as “Favorite Great-Aunt” Wanda). They both share a giving heart and a compassion to help others. To say that Wanda has had her fair share of bumps along the way would be underestimating her life. She has battled many fights and always come out with a positive attitude and a smile on her face. When she was a little girl she wanted to be a nurse. Little did she know that she would later be that nurse. She has spent the last several years caring for her family in that “nurse” capacity. She hopes to soon have some of her spare time back in which she loves to go fishing. Wanda is also an Elvis fan …. who wouldn’t be with those sideburns! Her favorite song is “I did it My Way.” Which fits her because she notes, “Whatever I’ve done in my life has made me the person I am today …. and I rather like myself.” She has many accomplishments in her life and they include quitting drugs, giving birth to her daughter Jackie and caring for Big John, Lil’ John and her mom and dad. Keep doing it your way Wanda – We love you and thank you for letting us spotlight you!




No comments: