There are some days I wish I wasn't so responsible or stubborn. Thursday and into Friday morning we were do for another six inches of snow -- we got it and then some! I had to work second shift Thursday night. I debated all day and finally decided I would try to get into town. I barely made it! Once I made it into town it hit me that I most likely would not be able to get home. I called Chad and he told me I needed to come home and that I should call in and let work know I would not be in. I did not listen and thought the most responsible thing would be to go ahead and head into work and take a chance on being able to get home. Mistake number one!
I was able to leave by 8:30 pm and called home to let Chad know what route I would be taking. I knew once I hit the gravel that it was most likely not going to go in my favor. I should have turned around and went back into town. Mistake number two! I made it through the first few snow drifts but than took the curve and kaboom got myself pretty suck. I called home and nothing needed to be said because Chad could see the lights of the tahoe from the window. My options were rather limited --Chad needed to be home for the kids and even if he could come and get me he was snowed in!
When I left home I packed a bag of essentials just in case -- that included my workout clothes, flat iron & anti aging cream. The all knowing husband of mine made sure I had a sweatshirt, long underwear and gloves. So you ask what did I grab as I walked a mile home in the frigged cold and snow up to my knees -- that's right ladies my purse, flat iron & anti aging cream! I did somehow leave with one of Chad's gloves and JohnMichael's winter hat. I made it to the corner when I saw Chad gassing it through the snow burm at the end of our street -- I was hoping for a glorious moment when he spotted me in his headlights -- not so much I got in the not so warm truck and he just gave me the look "I told you so!"
Once I was home safe Chad and the neighbor went up to see if they could get it out. No such luck -- but he was able to find his other glove! Friday morning after the plow had gone by the tow truck was able to get in and pull it out.
Needless to say after the tow bill and broken bumper it cost more to go to work than it would have if I just called in. But mom raised us Lynch girls to be responsible ..... and stubborn!
2 comments:
It could happen to any of us Iowans! VERY happy you were not hurt. YOU can not be replaced.
becky,
my mommy taught me to be responsible 2 but when she came home thurs night she told me there was no way i was getting back in for my 2nd half
so glad u are safe and sound
now tell james to pray for no more snow and yuck
hugs
erin:)
Post a Comment