Yesterday was the start of a new school year! Zach (4th), James (1st), and Luke (K) all ride the same bus together and have a full day of school. Daniel (Pre K) has a half day attending in the afternoon. The boys were so hard to wake up -- and even harder to convince to eat breakfast and get dressed but once they were out to the bus stop they perked up. We took pictures and went over who has what teacher and more importantly what bus they needed to take to get home! I did follow the bus up to James and Luke's school to make sure they got in the right spot and with it being Luke's first day in Kindergarten I wanted to see him off. He wasn't to nervous and I didn't think I would get emotional but I of course did shed a tear or two on the way home. He is getting so big and looked so handsome standing in line! He has come a long way since the first day we met him. Zach attends school in Waverly so he was pretty much on his own. I felt bad the day before we had some scheduling conflicts and could only do one schools "meet your teacher" day he lost out on that one. So he had a full backpack of supplies to unload along with finding his way to a new classroom. He did great and all in all I think it was good for him! He has to switch buses at the high school on the way home and he looked at me like I was nuts when I asked if he wanted me to meet him up there to help him! I was told that he is old enough and that he could handle it! Sure enough he did -- he made it home! They all had GREAT days and did get out of bed, eat, and get dressed without to much arguing this morning.
We have four kids in three different schools - three of our kids are in special ed pull out classes so between them have six different teachers. I am having a hard time keeping up on whats what and it is only day two. Last night after they went to bed and I tried to make heads or tails out of the paperwork I realized they each need a basket to dump there stuff in. I figure at least that way it won't take me forever to figure out who belongs to which note.
Zach already had homework -- I can tell this teacher is going to be good for him but I can also tell she likes homework! Hopefully we can keep up!
I am looking forward to the year -- it just means one year closer to the next kid starting and sweet freedom for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment