I could not have asked for a better weekend! Saturday went by pretty fast -- I was able to get out for a bit allowing Art and Lorraine to spend some much needed one on one time together at HOME! I bounced around in the 'Burg for a bit before dropping Luke and Ruby off at Grandma's. They were rather excited to spend the weekend with her. Rightfully so she has all the Harry Potter movies, Quizmo and Charlie are there to run around with and most likely you will head to the local diner for supper ... How Awesome! The weather was also nice. I got the majority of the lawn mowed while the boys picked apples, pears and grapes. I will be honest not much fruit made it in -- they were snacking in between pickn' and occasionally throwing a grape or two at each other!
Sunday was a bit longer than anticipated as we headed to Marshalltown to visit with my other Great Aunt and Uncle along with their kids. Art was my navigator as I drove and he did a really good job. You see they don't take the freeway; which would have been a relative straight shot going 70 or so! They opt rather for the side streets through the small towns and what not. After a few digs about my driving and the frustration of not being able to exceed 50 and at times 25 I learned to sit back and just breath. In the grand scheme of things it wasn't all that bad. My two boys where behaving like gems and Art was out and away from the Care Center.
The weekend reminded me that sometimes your biggest burdens turn out to be your greatest blessings.
"Ok, here is the thing ... I am smiling now but if we have to watch anymore of this Lawrence Welk fellow I'm gonna scream!"
"Ahh -- Thanks Danny! Lawrence Welk in much more tolerable if you can totally tune him out with video games. You are the BOMB Dan the Man!"
"You ... yes you ... are annoying me!"
My two GREAT Uncle's -- Art & Vernon. They have both faced great health issues these past years but no matter what have kept positive attitudes and the determination to beat their individual trials. Very inspiring Men!
"Yes, you are still annoying me! But I will deal -- But mostly because you are my ride home!"
John has been a bit facinated with feet of late! He comindered my camera and snatched these two photos. I thought they were neat especially because he captured Art's "robotic foot." Fun Fact -- The kids love to tickle the prostetic from the other side of the room -- as Art will giggle from the tickle."

Yet another good and yummy reason to stay at Grandma Sam's -- Homemade chocolate donuts!
Thanks to all the players that made this weekend happen for Art. I appreciate it as I know he does too.
1 comment:
happy to do so. :-)
Post a Comment