Tuesday, August 3, 2010

EGUSD and Red Robin!

We could not have gone to California without checking in with our favorite "blog stalker" and friend Miss. Cindy B. Cindy has been a part of my life for many years. She is much more than a "blog stalker" she is one of my dearest friends! Although we are separated by just about 2,000 miles I know she is always there for me.

































When not climbing mountains or traveling the world Cindy can be found in her quite lil' corner at the EGUSD. We stopped in to say hi and give her our love! I didn't realize she had a corner of her cubicle dedicated to the Lancaster clan --- I need to send her some new pictures (at least some better ones of me!) We love you Cindy B!

You know I always figured when I left EGUSD I would be forgotten. There is always another "body" to fill the cubicle and do the work. But the friendships that I made and the life long experiences of growing up in that office have stuck with me .... so of course along with Cindy B. they were on my "MUST SEE" list!

































The kids ever so politely introduced themselves and surprisingly even extended their hands for a shake without me asking! Good manners crew!

We had the added treat of seeing Lu! She retired and came in to say goodbye as she was moving out of the city. What GREAT timing.




















Thanks to Cindy B. & Eric for taking these candid shots! I am not sure how but I left without my camera -- but hey I left the house with four kids -- that has to count for something!


















Soaking it all in - Daniel J


















Princess Pea - Ruby


















Showing off his "crinkle" - JohnMichael


















Balancing the budget - Luke


















Mommy & A Pea


















Mommy and Four Peas hanging out in Auntie Shannon's Office



Since the wee people behaved so well I thought they deserved a treat! So we stopped off at Red Robin for lunch! The kids know the slogan by heart and are constantly sing it ---- "Red Robin, YUMM!"

We often see the commercial but unfortunately our closest Red Robin in Iowa is about two hours away. Honestly, taking the six to a restaurant is taxing on the patience but add a two hour car ride and that just doesn't sound like a very good idea. So when I spotted Red Robin in Elk Grove I pulled right in!
















We had a special day all the way around & were very fortunate to see all of our treasured friends! Thanks for the visit!

No comments: