Monday, March 29, 2010

Fun On The Farm
















When we first came to Iowa I had a lot more free time and could be out on the farm just about everyday ---- I miss that! Now I am lucky if I can make it out there once a week. And when I do get there I find myself chasing kids more than I do working & spending time with Art and Lorraine.

Yesterday was a great exception. I was able to go to the farm and while I had four of the boys they got along great and I didn't have to get after them --- I do think they may have broken a clock however! Time will tell on that one!

The boys helped collect the eggs -- all twenty four of them! The chickens have been laying like crazy. We came home with eleven dozen ... this is on top of the six I already had. The kids will be eating a lot egg salad sandwiches this spring break.

Art, JohnMichael and I cleared some brush and took a drive around the fields. It looks dry enough to get out and work --- Art was thrilled about the aspect of getting back into the field! This year he plans to plant oats, corn & soy beans on top of the usual alfalfa for hay. The garden will soon go in as well and the kids are lined up to help plant the potatoes! Lorraine will of course have her flower garden in full bloom once again -- Spring is here in Iowa and it is a good time of year!















2 comments:

gramasam said...

how fun for you. glad you had a good time! :-)

erin said...

u do know that u plant potatoes on good friday (or at least that is what all us good germans do as it was what are grandparents taught us)
am so glad to see you all had fun
mommy erin :)