I was a nervous wreck the morning of the race I kept looking for reasons not to go. We had to be up pretty early and I had hoped to sleep through the three alarms we had set .... didn't happen. Then I showered and thought it would be a good thing if I slipped and broke a leg or something ..... didn't happen. Chad and the boys dropped me off at the RecPlex and I had to walk a mile or two in the early morning darkness to the transition .... I figured now would be a great time to get kidnapped ..... didn't happen. As the sun rose I realized there was no getting out of it .... with my wetsuit on I headed down to the beach with Chad and the boys ..... I felt like I was walkn' the plank. I was in the 13th wave so I had a half hour wait until I entered the lake. I seriously thought I was going to throw up! The swim was my biggest worry. I hate being seen in a bathing suit so I trained a total of one day for twenty minutes .... not to smart on my part! After the .5 mile swim, 12.4 mile bike ride and 3.1 mile run I was so proud of myself for showing up and for not finding a reason to back out. I was part of an amazing group of woman and was reminded that we each can truly do anything!
The Danskin Series was a perfect TRI to start with! I would encourage all you girls out there to give it a TRI!!
Thanks to all of you who made it possible! Jason at Bike Tech - thanks for lending me your wife's bike! The Guys at Craw Daddy's for the much needed and appreciated wetsuit! Grandma Sam for watching four out of six kids making it possible for Chad to come with! A special thanks to Chad for believing in me every step of the way! Without you I would not have be able to do it!
From sun up to sun down here are a few photos that were taken along the way.
Thank you to Danskin for putting on such a great event. I will definitely do the series again!
2 comments:
way to becky
am so proud of you
big hugs
erin :)
becky rox!!!
Post a Comment