Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Pre K and Kinder Physicals

Daniel and Ruby are set to start school! Monday I took them to see the Dr. for their physicals -- they each got a clean bill of health. Daniel is in the 75% tile for his height and weight. Ruby on the other hand is in the 25% tile for her height and weight -- to put it lightly she is "vertically challenged."

I knew going into the appointment that Ruby would be my "trouble" one. She started in on the "I don't want shots" and crocodile tears the minute we pulled into the parking lot. Once we got called back they each had to give a urine sample. They thought it was the neatest thing to pee in a cup! On our way back from the restroom and just before we were roomed Ruby inquired if she would have to get shots --- I thought I was doing a good thing by not sugar coating it and answered "yes." That sent her literally running down the hallway and back into the waiting room! I wish I would have had a video camera -- it was so cute and of course rather funny!

As it turned out she pulled it together in the end. She even gave the nurse a huge hug and told her "thank you" following the ordeal. Daniel on the other hand -- holy moly -- I had to hold him and boy did he scream - and he only got one compared to Ruby's four!

Watch out Mrs. VanKley and Mrs. Reichert they are set to head your way!

Just before the appointment!














Are you sure we have to get shots? Really sure?


















Princess Pea all smiles!













Seriously, I am not doing this again next year!

1 comment:

erin said...

ruby am so glad u were brave :)
tell james i hated shots too
and ran away and hid
have fun in school
you guys are growing up way to fast
just mommy and johnmichael at home
man time flies
hugs