Saturday, February 21, 2009

Report Card Time

I am very proud of all my children but this week I have extra kudos for my older three boys! We had parent teacher conferences and the report cards are in.

Luke is blossoming in kindergarten and is exceeding many goals. He is at the top of his class and continues to do well in reading and math. He knows all but one of his sight words and can independently write the ABC's without support -- In both upper and lower case! He can count to 100 and independently write up 54. He loves to draw and is very detail orientated when it comes to his artwork. Reading is the next challenge and he is off to a great start with his skills! Good job Luke!





















James is doing great in first grade! James thrives off a structured day and has a schedule that he follows to a T. He is quite the businessman with his clipboard! He has developed into a little reader and amazes not just his teachers but us with his ability. He still struggles with fine motor skills but he will soon tote a lap top to help with that! James is a very detailed child that intakes everything around him -- even when you think he is not paying attention he is! On the day of the inauguration the students were working in small groups while the inauguration played out on TV. James went to his teacher and asked if she could keep them quite because "history was happening here." Keep up the good work lil' man!











Zach has grown so much this school year as a 4th grader - not just academically but socially as well. His reading continues to get stronger and he surpasses his reading goals each month! He received an A in math -- which is EXCELLENT considering he avoids word problems like the plague! His favorite subjects include Iowa history and science. He is looking forward to an overnight trip to Backbone State Park later this year. We are so proud of him for his accomplishments!

I wish I could post his report card -- but I have misplaced it! He told me as the report card keeper I "suck" but as a mom I am "pretty okay!" I'll take that any day! Thanks for being my number one, Zach!

No comments: