Sunday, February 27, 2011

When checking the blog lately -- have you felt like this?



















I know it has been awhile since my last post. So I thought I'd take a minute and update you on the happenings of our crew!

Chad is loving every minute of retirement and hoping for Spring to hit soon. He has a project list a mile long! Flight lessons will be a lot smoother without the snow and ice. He is also anxious to take the Harley out. He reminded me that I have yet to take a ride. I was thinking a short ride to the gas station and back would be enough! He had a little health scare but all is well now. He has had to change his way of eating and walks daily on the treadmill. The kids love the treadmill as well and can often be found shooting each other across it. I am not real sure why but they refer to it as the "activator."




















I continue to train for my marathon. I am on week seven of my sixteen week training program and so far I am doing great. Outside of that I am really not up to much!


















The kids are doing great in school. We just had parent teacher conferences - grades and participation are superb!

They continue to be faithful in AWANA's and look forward to memorizing their verses and earning their badges. We are thankful for our little church family and look forward to attending Sunday School and Worship. Today they sang and signed "Jesus Loves Me." It was pretty impressive for only having one day to practice!





















Ruby is going strong in dance and is looking forward to next week when they get their snazzy dance uniforms for the performance. Luke has begun piano lessons with Mrs. D and is doing great so far. We purchased a small keyboard for him to practice on. Lyle are resident "American Picker" has an antique organ for us. Once the snow melts and we are able to get to his barn we will head out to pick it up.

Lyle Funny: We have had so much snowfall that his mailbox was buried beyond dig out. A few days passed with no mail and then in true Lyle fashion he hollowed out a hole in the snow and placed a small bucket. Mail was delivered the very next day! To know Lyle is to love him!




















Uncle Art is doing well. He has had a battle the last month or so but we have narrowed things down to an allergic reaction to one of his medications. He builds strength each day and is diligently pushing himself harder with the goal of returning home even closer in sight. His prosthetic is working out just fine and he is "training" it to work with his body. Lorraine is faithfully by his side each day with encouragement. She amazes me with her dedication!


















We celebrated Art's 86th birthday last month with a little informal lunch and followed it up later in the week with a Valentine's Banquet. The kids and I had fun putting the banquet together for the two of them!
















The wild and crazy Ruby hair is no more! After constantly fighting and endless screaming on Ruby's part we opted to cut her hair. She looks adorable! While the hair is gone the drama is not -- she is still full of it!





















We lost another chicken but from what Art tells me that is normal. I am not so sure that is true but it does make me feel better! It will not be long before they have to head back to the farm. I will miss them but something tells me we will get some of our own along with a few little goats and maybe a bunny or two!



















In a nutshell the kids are growing like weeds! We are enjoying life waiting for spring and are thankful for the blessings we have received.





2 comments:

gramasam said...

Always enjoy the updates! Glad all is going well. The news says spring is just around the corner! :-)

Cindy B said...

You are correct, I have been feeling just like the picture. I know how busy you are and tried to be patient. Glad to hear how well you are doing with your running. I'm so proud of you Becky. Love you, Cindy B