Friday, April 2, 2010

"Mom, my tooth is broke!"

I think every family has one -- the accident pron child! For our family that one is Daniel. I credit his dare devil try anything attitude for most of our ER & DR visits. But this time around he was just eating! After breakfast he came up to me and said, "Mom, my tooth is broke." I took a look and sure enough he had split it -- not just chipped it but split vertically! Lovely!

My first thought was we don't have a dentist. For most of you who know me I absolutely hate dentists -- there for I have not made much of an attempt to establish with one here in Iowa. I know not good when you have eight mouths to care for. In my defense the kids have been and yes so have I but I have not found a particular dentist that I can trust or live without! Dr. Reich's shoes are huge to fill -- Chad won't let me fly home to California just for routine check ups.

With the vertical split I needed to get Daniel in for a look. I had been given the name of a newer practice at the beginning of the school year -- so I gave them a call. To my surprise they got him right in and were absolutely wonderful to work with. From the office staff to Dr. Eness I was very pleased.

Daniel was a trooper! He did have to have the "sliver" of tooth removed and filled but it looks like it will be just fine until the remainder falls out on its own! He was such a champ with the whole thing -- shot in the gum and all he never flinched or complained. Way to go! He even asked, "Can I take that piece home? -- maybe I can get a lil' bit of money from the tooth fairy?"

Needless to say I have established with Heritage Dental and we ALL (yes even me) have check ups and cleanings schedule this month!






No comments: