Time has been short the last few months and alot has happened that I thought I would take a minute to give you the "Lancaster Low Down."
In July Chad re injured his knee and has been off work playing the "wait and see" game. He has been home "under my toes" but this time around hasn't been so annoying! He has been a great help and the timing of the reinjury was good in the respect that our household really needed us both home. I guess practice does make perfect because he and I have become a force to be reckoned with in chores and the morning routine. He has even done laundry a time or two! I have even gotten over "redoing" things and just let go. It may not be my way but at least the chores are done! He was also instrumental in helping me train for the triathlon -- a huge accomplishment that I could not have done without his support! For me I finished up my CNA class and certification and now work part time. I love it! It is just enough that it gets me out of the house and I have a bit of my self worth back which as a full time mom I was lacking. It is a good thing to work because you enjoy it not because you have to!
Zachary is doing great in 5th grade! He has an awesome group of teachers and has made the adjustment to a new school rather well. The trumpet is still in full force and the band teacher is on cloud nine with Zach's ability to learn and read music. He is practicing hard for the upcoming Christmas performance that they will put on in conjunction with the junior and senior high school bands.
The Jmister is doing excellent in school. Our hats go off to Mrs. O for all the hard work she puts in and her innovation when it comes to getting him to learn. James has found his passion with boy scouting and is well on his way to earning badges as a Wolf! He even gave up bowling this year so he could do scouting -- good choice buddy!
Luke is also starting out in boy scouts as a Tiger Cub and I have yet to figure out if he likes it or just enjoys going because his "BFF" Ian is in the pack! Either way it is a good thing. He and Chad have been working hard on memorizing the Cub Scout promise and handshake! Luke continues to do well in school and is taking off in both reading and math.
Daniel has adjusted to kindergarten and enjoys his class and has made alot of new friends! He is all smiles and really loves to write -- he has his phone number, address and can spell his first, middle and last name without help! GO BUDDY! We started working with a new play therapist and Daniel has really come to like her. She has been able to help with his anger and OCD compulsions which has really helped him in his daily routines and all around focus.
Ruby Tuesday loves preschool! She looks forward to going and has made friends with Jacob Dieke and talks about him non stop! She even calls him on her play phone and has chats! In true Ruby style she has won over the bus drivers heart and has her own spot close to the front in which they "chat" all the way to and from school -- she loves "her" Pastor Alan! Her personality has just blossomed and her imagination just floors us at times. She is such the lady of the house and is into everything pink! She loves to have her finger and toe nails painted and when we sneak it past daddy we like to apply lip gloss!
Little J is spoiled and runs the house! He has adjusted to being home with just Chad and I but does enjoy Tuesday and Thursdays when Ruby is home. He loves to play hide and seek with Chad and has picked up a lot of Daddy's sayings -- "Darn Skippy" and "Holy Moly" to name a few. He is doing well with potty training but seems to prefer the "potty rock" over the toilet which is posing a problem with the cold weather!
All in all we are doing great! The kids are healthy, happy and loved and at the end of the day that is what truly matters in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment