We are following Karen and Sams lead and have started a blog! We hope you find it as entertaining to read as we did creating it! We hope this will help keep everyone up to date on our life!
We can not believe that is has been four years now since moving to Iowa! In that time we have moved once, changed jobs five times, adopted six kids, learned how to shuck corn with a quickness and have gotten used to no traffic and towns with one signal!
We have been truely blessed with are children and know now what brought us to Iowa. Zach is now 9, James 7, Luke 5, Daniel 4, Ruby 3, and bringing up the rear is JohnMichael at 21 months. They are an amazing group -- the boys floor me with the trouble that they can get into with the smallest amount of time -- not to mention the dirt and stink bugs that tend to follow them everywhere! Ruby is just adorable and can hold her own with the boys. She is so smart and has the most beautiful brown eyes and curly hair!
Chad tried for a bit to hang up the badge but law enforcement runs through his veins. He is a police officer in a nearby town that he describes as "Mayberry." He has had to adjust to the slower pace and I know that he misses the excitement of Sacramento. I have to admit as a police officers wife I am a lot more at ease with him working the streets of "Mayberry."
I stay home with the kids and right now am honestly just enjoying a stress free summer with the little ones. They do drive me nuts but it is really nice not to be on the run so much. Last March I started to take my health a bit more serious and began working out. I have lost 60lbs and have found myself again! I am enjoying running and hope to run a 10K race soon. Most of all I find peace for a few hours in the morning at the gym where there are no kids or a husband to be found -- just me and my music!
2 comments:
We love you guys so much and can not wait to see you!!!
This is such a great idea. Thanks Karen for leading the way. It seems you have been gone from California forever. I look forward to meeting your children in the future.
Hugs to all.
Post a Comment